Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Apart

I remember our parting
How you called my name
How I turned and looked at you standing there
Holding the umbrella
Eunice
Eunice
Talk to me

Talk to you?
About what?
I felt like shouting back at you
But I cant, I wouldn’t let myself even if I wanted.

What’s with the distance between us?
It is widening sweetie
It is big, deep and treacherous
I know am pushy and I want things to go my way
I know I asked you to come along with me
You know why?
Coz of the distance that’s drifting us apart
I wanted to have some time with you even for a moment
To hear your voice
To see your face
To bring us back to our one part
I wanted you to myself
But
But
I didn’t know how to say it
Or if I did, I said it wrongly

I just watched you walk away again today
Clutching at the umbrella
Rainy days ahead
As we walked away
We glide further apart
I walk south
You are on North.


No comments:

Post a Comment