Wednesday, July 27, 2011

One too many

Why can’t I laugh?
Why should I carry this burden in my heart?
Honestly, I dread happiness because I know; sadness and anger are on the same vein.
The frowns have quickly displaced the smiles, the laughter the joy we had.

It smells purple, unripe, unfulfilled not complete.
I love us, I hate us.
Will we withstand it all till the hour down the aisle?
Is this one of the many heartbreaks?
The one too many?

Should I hope for this?
Should I believe in this?
Should I sacrifice for this?
I am taking you for granted?
You are taking me for granted.

Am I right for you?
Maybe am one of the many mistakes in your life
The one too many hiccups of your neat self.
I look at you and I wonder to myself, am I worth this?

Honestly, I am tired of
The fake smiles
Uncertain hope
Bitter optimism
Fuzzy future
I just was to tack myself in bed, cry myself back to sense
And hope this is among the one too many lessons in this class called life.

No comments:

Post a Comment