Friday, March 16, 2012

Blogger: My Digital Paper

Blogger is a Google Product that I am grateful for. It is accessible both on computer and on mobile thus able to write on the move.

In 2007, Kenya was heading for the General elections and negative ethnic polarities were rife. The elections were marred with violence, internal displacement of families and deaths. The Media and politicians accused each other for this. Things were getting out of hand, I had to speak up, I could write about it, Blogger came to my rescue, literary. I created my first blog, I AM NOT MY TRIBE, at that time.

I had a vantage point, where I could write (still write) about tribalism, its effects on society as well as other social injustices. I learnt how to share my links on Facebook and email and slowly people were checking out my blog! There it was, Blogger facilitating communication on topical issues and five years on, I can attest that my blog has been used as a reference point for discussions, forums and analysis.

Blogger is an integral part of my life as a Kenyan and a young African, as communication in no longer a mirage. As a writer, Blogger has let my story be heard. If this is not an integral part of Africa, then I don’t know what is...what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment