Thursday, January 26, 2012

I almost cheated

Sometimes things that you initially thought to be harmless gradually loose the 'less' bit and pick up 'ful' i.e. harmful be it flirting, indulging in a habit, being pessimistic and the many battles we have.

I almost cheated

I cheated.
Almost cheated actually,
Wonder what difference it makes.
I started a fire
I fanned it
I added coal to it
Paraffin as well
More dry wood to it
It blazed
It burnt
Furiously
Fervently
It scorched
It grew
Hungrily
Effortlessly
Then
It almost got out of hand
Burning me in the process
On my face
My hands
My skin
My clothes smell of the smoke
I am scalded now
Minor burns
But still burns nonetheless
I will heal
Heal from the almost accident
The almost fire
That I lite
Fanned
Tried to conceal
I smell of the fire
The fire that
Almost burned me
ALMOST!
That makes all the difference.
Almost!

No comments:

Post a Comment