Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Stranger that I knew

His eyes disarms you the moment he sets them on you
Rekindling a fire that you never knew
His look makes you fall under his spell
Spell bound in this fantasy world well
His smile and relaxed look
Holds you in a hook you can’t unhook
Where he is the king,
 And I his subject

You exchange contacts and what lingers about him is
That smile, that greeting, that compliment
As you blush yourself silly
As you sweat your brow wet
As words escape your lips
As your legs fidget as he speaks to you

He is the stranger that I knew
But felt strange then because I knew
We can only be the strangers
Across the room
Across the bus
Across the halls
The stranger and I knew
That’s the furthest it could get
Oh, were we wrong

One word led to another
Sentences
Paragraphs
A call
A laugh
And the stranger is no more

We travel to new strange lands
I lead he follows,
He leads I follow
We walk
We trod on
One step
Two
Three
Ten
Fifteen
It gets murkier and bushy as we go on
I don’t understand my path
I get lost in the trail
I stop
Abruptly
The stranger is estranged

The stranger I knew
Is shocked
Why have you stopped?
We are not there yet
You knew the path as we embarked on it
Why now?
After all the…
And the…

The stranger that I knew
Walked away
As swiftly as he came
As I walked
Hoping to find my way back
To the one
Who I am not a stranger to

No comments:

Post a Comment